Not enough space, may want to squeeze it after file deletes to recover any vacuum space. Additionally, as another engineer stated "format" types are different....SP vs. RP
Jay Murphy IP Network Specialist NM Department of Health ITSD - IP Network Operations Santa Fe, New Mexico 87502 Bus. Ph.: 505.827.2851 "We move the information that moves your world." -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Graham Wooden Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:45 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Weird disk0: issues Hi all, Recently I converted my 6509 Sup2¹s over to native. It¹s been running c6sup22-jk2o3sv-mz.121-27b.E4 for sometime now and now decided to take the leap to the s222 series. The SP and RP both have 256MB RAM so I figured I am somewhat ready to try it out. I went ahead and upgraded RP's ROMMON to the latest 12.2(17r)S5 .... I have used slot0: for saving off configs and such with a 24MB PCMCIA flash card. But with this bigger image, I am now trying to use a ATA 64MB Flash card to boot from. Internal bootflash on the SP and RP are only 32MB and won't hold it obviously.... But, I can't access the disk from the SP ROMMON: System Bootstrap, Version 7.1(1) Copyright (c) 1994-2001 by cisco Systems, Inc. c6k_sup2 processor with 262144 Kbytes of main memory Autoboot: failed, BOOT string is empty rommon 1 > boot disk0: open: read error...requested 0x4 bytes, got 0xfffffff8 trouble reading device magic number boot: cannot open "disk0:" boot: cannot determine first file name on device "disk0:" And if I try boot slot0:, it just hangs ... Also, I can¹t seem to access it from the IOS until I eject the disk and put it back in: Router#dir disk0: %Error opening disk0:/ (No such device) Router# 00:04:14: %FILESYS-SP-5-DEV: PCMCIA flash card removed from slot0 00:04:17: %FILESYS-SP-5-DEV: PCMCIA flash card inserted into slot0 Router#dir disk0: Directory of disk0:/ 1 -rw- 28058524 Jan 23 2009 01:07:08 +00:00 c6sup22-jk2o3sv-mz.121-27b.E4.bin 64032768 bytes total (35971072 bytes free) NOTE: I copied the 12.1 image down to this disk to see if it was a size issue. I can boot all day long from bootflash:. Router#show disk0: all -#- --length-- ---------date/time--------- path 1 28058524 Jan 23 2009 01:07:08 +00:00 c6sup22-jk2o3sv-mz.121-27b.E4.bin 35971072 bytes available (28061696 bytes used) ******** ATA Flash Card Geometry/Format Info ******** ATA CARD GEOMETRY Number of Heads: 8 Number of Cylinders 490 Sectors per Cylinder 32 Sector Size 512 Total Sectors 125440 ATA CARD FORMAT Number of FAT Sectors 62 Sectors Per Cluster 8 Number of Clusters 15633 Number of Data Sectors 125314 Base Root Sector 218 Base FAT Sector 94 Base Data Sector 250 Is my ATA Flash card bad? I have two of them, and both of them exhibit this same behavior. Thoughts? Thanks, -graham _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ ______________________________________________________________________ This inbound email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. ______________________________________________________________________ Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
