No.
I am trying to ensure that if the router ever emits icmp messages like
'destination host unreachable', 'icmp frag needed' and the like, that
I'm using a public routed ip and not some random flavor of the week ip
related to whatever interface the router thinks is closer to the problem.
Ziv Leyes wrote:
Most recent IOS (last 2-3 years) support for sure the option to put everything
on the fly on one line, for example:
ping 1.1.1.1 source loopback0 repeat 1000 size 512 timeout 2 validate df-bit etc, etc...
A command followed by a question mark is always helpful, a lot of commands can be
"extended" on a single command line
Ziv
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 6:08 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] setting source address for icmp messages
Hello,
I'm trying to learn how to get my 7204vxr to not send icmp messages with
the source ip of interface the message is being sent out. I have a
public ip on my loopback and thought this was what ios preferred if it
exists? I have some other interfaces which have 10.x.x.x addresses and
icmp messages like host unreachable and such are sourced from this which
is undesirable due to inbound filtering at many sites at their gateways
for rfc1918 and other bogon addresses.
Am I being silly to want this or is there something I can do to get my
way here?
Tks.
Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer
viruses.
************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer
viruses.
************************************************************************************
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/