Hi Mark,
Mark Tech a écrit :
Hi
...
I have a prospect for a 10G upstream customer and Upstream ISP connections. I 
would need to connect these into our 7609s running RSP 720-3CXL's, at the 
moment I have found that the WS-X6704-10GE card may be suitable.
We've re-used  WS-X6704-10GE (from our 6500 without DFC3CXL daughter card)
My technical requirements are:
10Gbps line rate
10G => yes
IPv4
Able to handle full Internet routing table
Potentially IPv6 and MPLS in the future
We're implementing all of these features without (as from now) any issue except VPLS which needs ES20/ES40 or ES(combo) We're also using IPv4 (sparse mode with anycast RP ) /IPv6 multicast with embedded RP, pseudowire, L3VPN with MPLS. As far as it goes 6VPE is also supported... (We also tested in lab, traffic-engineering with CRS1 in the tunnel path and it has worked at 10Gb rate) For whatever reason CISCO recommended a 4gb RAM RSP memory upgrade if the 7600 need but I'm not convinced about this recommendation. (Note that if you need to upgrade you need to purchase 2x4Gb in case of redundant RSP)
With the WS-X6704-10GE, there seems to be several options that are available 
with it i.e.

Memory Option: MEM-XCEF720-256M Catalyst 6500 256MB DDR, xCEF720 (67xx interface, DFC3A) MEM-XCEF720-512M Cat 6500 512MB DDR, xCEF720 (67xx interface, DFC3A/DFC3B) MEM-XCEF720-1GB Catalyst 6500 1GB DDR, xCEF720 (67xx interface, DFC3BXL)
====================================================
Distributed Forwarding Card Option

WS-F6700-CFC Catalyst 6500 Central Fwd Card for WS-X67xx modules WS-F6700-DFC3B Catalyst 6500 Dist Fwd Card, 256K Routes for WS-X67xx WS-F6700-DFC3A Catalyst 6500 Dist Fwd Card for WS-X67xx modules WS-F6700-DFC3BXL Catalyst 6500 Dist Fwd Card- 3BXL, for WS-X67xx WS-F6700-DFC3C Catalyst 6500 Dist Fwd Card for WS-X67xx modules WS-F6700-DFC3CXL Catalyst 6500 Dist Fwd Card- 3CXL, for WS-X67xx

I assume that I would need MEM-XCEF720-1GB and WS-F6700-DFC3CXL?

Yes. WS-F6700-DFC3CXL becomes handy if you're planning to use netflow as the NDE(we extensively use it at full flow) is handle by the Forwarding card. (So the RSP7203CXL won't handle NDE burden) Again, more RAM would help to have more room for NETFLOW cache. But maybe this RAM is useful for another feature that I'm not awre of.

Netflow is useful and the only way (we found) to monitor IPv6 traffic on this platform as IPv6 MIBs are not available on this architecture.
Regards

Mark

Cheers/Fred
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to