Aaron, I have not delved into EEM but from what I have read about it and its support for TCL, it's entirely possible that you can:
1) Create a TCL script to test your web server with a GET or other method (see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/ v3.00_A1/configuration/slb/guide/script.html 2) Read the response and perform the appropriate action with EEM (send email, syslog etc) I don't know that such a solution exists already but I believe it is certainly possible to do what you are asking, esp since it's only for one server. Vijay Ramcharan -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Aaron Riemer Sent: April 03, 2009 00:50 To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Monitoring External Web Server Hey guys, We have a requirement to monitor the external availability of a web server that hangs off our ASA DMZ interface. I was thinking of running an IP SLA probe from our external router to test the web requests but I was wondering if anyone had done something with EEM that could possibly try to establish a TCP connection to the web server and report the statistics somehow. I don't want to place a machine outside for the monitoring so would prefer to do it from our router if possible. Any thoughts? Thanks, Aaron. LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ ______________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned by Verizon Managed Email Content Service, using Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on Verizon Managed Email Content Service, visit http://www.verizonbusiness.com. ______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
