Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 01:05:33PM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:
> We have a 6509 sup2/msfc2 switch which only does layer2 services - is there
> 10GE options available for this platform?

None of the WS-X67xx boards will work with a Sup2 (they need Sup720
fabric connections).

I seem to remember that there was an earlier 10G blade (something like
"1 ports, no XENPAKs"), but can't find any details about it - the
board name was WS-X6502-10GE, and even that one would require a fabric
board for your Sup2 (CEF256 fabric) - which hardly anybody has.

I'm not sure whether I'd go there...

> The WS-X6708-10G-3CXL  blades are also of interest for Sup720 platform - if
> they are only doing VLAN trunks out to remote switches and any routing would
> be done on SVI interfaces on the Sup720 then does it matter if you get only
> the 3C version?

Yes.  *If* there is a DFC on the board, and it's a non-XL DFC, all the
switching in the system downgrades itself to "non-XL".

I think you could run it as a CFC card (with no DFC), but as far as 
I remember, it's not sold that way and most likely "not supported".

gert
-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpr9scR0YMlE.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to