I'm scratching my head on a BGP problem. I have a pair of core routers and a pair of distribution routers in our data center. The DC routers each have a single connection to the core routers (1 connection per pair). Previously the DC routers were configured as route-reflector clients with a route-map stripping out all ipv4 routes but the default. The links are MPLS-enabled and I have production MPLS/VPNs on the links currently that are working fine. It's fairly straightforward. Upstream of the core routers are a pair of border routers. The border and core routers are in a full mesh.

Now I'm trying to hang a new router off of one of the data center routers and extend our BGP environment to it. I've configured it to be part of a confederation (that router will ultimately have a direct Internet peer and will need full routes). I'm currently hopping over the DC router and going straight to a core router for that eBGP confederation connection. However I now need to access a MPLS/VPN from the new router in our data center. So it basically looks like this:

A     B
|\   /|
| \ / |
|  /\ |
| /  \|
C-----D
|     |
E     F
      |
      G

A       Border 1
B       Border 2
C       Core 1
D       Core 2
E       DC 1
F       DC 2
G       New Router

A-D are currently a full mesh and I'd like to extend that to A-F. G is the beginning of a confederation and new AS.

I'm taking the opportunity to go back and eliminate the RR design from the DC and make those 2 routers part of the full mesh with the core and border routers. I've removed the RR config from one of the DC routers and its directly connected core router and replaced it with my standard ibgp peer-group. The session comes up but I'm not getting any vpnv4 routes over the session. I can't figure out what I'm overlooking.

Core:
 neighbor ibgp-peer peer-group
 neighbor ibgp-peer remote-as 65001
 neighbor ibgp-peer transport path-mtu-discovery
 neighbor ibgp-peer password 7 monkey
 neighbor ibgp-peer update-source Loopback0
 neighbor ibgp-peer version 4
 neighbor ibgp-peer send-community
 neighbor ibgp-peer soft-reconfiguration inbound
 neighbor ibgp-peer maximum-prefix 350000 80 warning-only
 neighbor 10.64.0.34 peer-group ibgp-peer
 neighbor 10.64.0.34 description iBGP to 7201-1.dc (65001)
 neighbor 10.64.0.34 default-originate
!
 address-family vpnv4
 neighbor ibgp-peer send-community extended
 neighbor 10.64.0.34 activate
 exit-address-family

I added the last activate for grins but it didn't help. peer-groups are auto-activated which is why it's not explicitly spelled out in the vpn4 statement.

DC:
 neighbor ibgp-peer peer-group
 neighbor ibgp-peer remote-as 65001
 neighbor ibgp-peer transport path-mtu-discovery
 neighbor ibgp-peer password 7 monkey
 neighbor ibgp-peer update-source Loopback0
 neighbor ibgp-peer version 4
 neighbor 10.64.0.20 peer-group ibgp-peer
 neighbor 10.64.0.20 description iBGP to 7613-2.clr (65001)
!
 address-family ipv4
  neighbor ibgp-peer send-community
  neighbor ibgp-peer soft-reconfiguration inbound
  neighbor ibgp-peer maximum-prefix 350000 80 warning-only
  neighbor 10.64.0.20 activate
 exit-address-family
 !
 address-family vpnv4
  neighbor ibgp-peer send-community extended
 exit-address-family


I've removed several things of course. Does anything jump out at anyone? I'm having difficulty finding a command to see what prefixes I'm advertising inside of a vrf to the remote peer. All I get on the DC router is the connected and static prefixes. Do peer-groups and vpnv4 routes not mix?

Thanks
 Justin

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to