Justin Shore wrote:
Core:
....
!
 address-family vpnv4
 neighbor ibgp-peer send-community extended
 neighbor 10.64.0.34 activate
 exit-address-family

I added the last activate for grins but it didn't help. peer-groups are auto-activated which is why it's not explicitly spelled out in the vpn4 statement.

DC:
....
 neighbor 10.64.0.20 peer-group ibgp-peer
 neighbor 10.64.0.20 description iBGP to 7613-2.clr (65001)
!
 address-family vpnv4
  neighbor ibgp-peer send-community extended
 exit-address-family

So I did a little more playing around and found that if I added an vpnv4 activate on the DC #2 router for core #2's IP I got my vpnv4 routes. I only got those connected to core #2 though. I had to add another activate for core #1. I'm assuming that core #2 sent those BGP routes that it learned via iBGP from core #1 to DC #2 because of the RR config. Since I'm eliminating the iBGP RR config I have to complete the full mesh to get the full set of routes. That makes sense.

One thing that doesn't make sense at this point is why the ibgp-peer peer-group config in the vpnv4 address-family wasn't sufficient enough to enable the learning of vpnv4 routes. Do peer-groups and vpnv4 config not mix? Trying to add the command "neighbor aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd send-community extendeded" to any of the routers involved (where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is a configured member of a peer-group) results in the error:

% Invalid command for a peer-group member

To me that implies that some sort of interaction exists between vpnv4 config and peer-group config. Can anyone add any input to this?

Thanks
 Justin


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to