I agree then. There probably is a platform level command that would show the hw switched traffic I just don't know what it is for that platform.
Rodney On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:53:51PM +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote: > On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 11:11 -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote: > > On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 11:05:55PM +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote: > > > Interface stats for the two relevant interfaces (policy map attached to > > > Vlan2176, policy routed traffic exits via Vlan507, non policy routed > > > exist via next hop on same interface as it arrived): > > > > > > Vlan507 > > > Switching path Pkts In Chars In Pkts Out Chars Out > > > Processor 73750 4426830 314407 20751714 > > > Route cache 1 90 0 0 > > > Total 73751 4426920 314407 20751714 > > > Vlan2176 > > > Switching path Pkts In Chars In Pkts Out Chars Out > > > Processor 210884 13340863 323420 21776624 > > > Route cache 23 5081 24 5267 > > > Total 210907 13345944 323444 21781891 > > > > I thought the newew sup/rp's would show a distributed cache line that > > would show the hw forwarded counters. > > Well, this is a 3560 IP Services which was chosen as a relatively > inexpensive device capable of doing PBR "in hardware". So no distributed > cache for us. > > > > The "show ip traffic" seems only to show traffic received. Should it > > > also show policy routed traffic? > > > > No. I was looking to see if there were a bunch of ICMP generated frames. > > Ah, ok. > > I've looked more at the load of the unit as we throw more traffic at it. > It might actually be that the peaks we see are only ARP and other > traffic destined for the processor. Since it's placed on directly on teh > intar-tubes it does receive it's fair share. > > I'll monitor it closely, but it actually seems to do the job very well. > Compared to a NPE-225 doing basically the same job in another but > comparable place it looks positively relaxed. :-) > > Regards, > Peter > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
