On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:25:48 +0400, Gert Doering <[email protected]> wrote:

I found some specs about latter but nothing useful
about X6724.
The problem that I'm facing now is with given small ISP network blueprint
to implement and the lack of some specified parts. I.e. I need two
mentioned ES20 to build a domain to interconnect 2 Cisco 7600 with 2
BRASes, 2 BRs and 2 c3750 switches for servers. Right now I only have two
WS-X6724 and no ES20.

Why do you think you need ES20s here?

Thank you, Gert
I'd very much like to ask the same question my head-office which distributes this kind of reference material. The only purpose ES20 serve in their design is to establish VPLS connection between two (four in the future) core c7604. I think this setup hardly justifies the efforts and money that's been invested into it. Correct me if I'm wrong but for 2 MLS switches sitting in the same rack it is too much of an overhead to configure VPLS. A trunk link would be considerably simpler and more reliable in this case.


--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to