Diagram:

 siteA CE
    ||
+---++---+
| 7206PE |
+---++---+
   f2/0 (mtu 1500)
    ||
   f0/1 (mtu 1504)
+---++---+
| ME3400 |
+---++---+
   g0/1 (mtu 1504)
    ||
   g1/1 (mtu 9216)
+---++---+
|  7609  |
+---++---+
   g7/2 (mtu 9216)
    ||
   g0/0 (mtu 9216)
+---++---+
| 7301PE |
+---++---+
    ||
 siteB CE

I'm getting one-way ICMP over a VC that is terminated on the 7206PE; meaning ICMP echo requests sourced from siteA CE to siteB CE cannot be seen on the siteB CE. However, ICMP echo requests sourced from the siteB CE can be seen on the siteA CE (but the echo reply packest are not seen by siteB CE).

I understand that MTU issues would most certainly cause problems if the packet size was closer to the 1500 byte mark (1474 or there about, depending, maybe), but would this particular MTU mis-match even cause issues with such small ICMP packets?

If MTU wouldn't cause this, then I'm back to square one with trying to figure out this one-way traffic thing I've got going on here.

Thanks in advance..
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to