Tony, this is perfect thank you.
Huge help!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>; "Scott Granados" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] adding a port forward on a Cisco Pix
Hi Scott,
For your NAT to work you need to things:
1. static command
2. Access-list
static (outside,inside) tcp general-internet-rtr-svc-nat 80
inside-ip-object 80 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
You have it round the wrong way, you would need:
static (inside,outside) tcp outside_ip outside_port inside_ip inside_port
It's confusing but the bit in brackets (for the interfaces) has inside first
and outside second and then when you specify the IP addresses and ports you
have outside first, then inside second.
And then you would need an ACL like this:
access-list 101 permit tcp any host outside_ip outside_port
And then you need to apply the ACL to inbound traffic on the outside
interface:
access-group 101 in interface outside
I don't know about using object groups to specify the IP addresses, it
should work as long as you've got it correct. I would try with putting the
actual IP addresses in the commands and then once you know it works you can
change them to objects.
You can find a list of PIX configuration examples here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/prod_configuration_examples_list.html
http://tinyurl.com/3o7gk
One specifically for NAT is:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094aad.shtml
http://tinyurl.com/yqeap
Make sure you follow which parts are for earlier PIX versions and your
version. The earlier versions use the "conduit" command instead of an access
list.
regards,
Tony
--- On Thu, 16/7/09, Scott Granados <[email protected]> wrote:
From: Scott Granados <[email protected]>
Subject: [c-nsp] adding a port forward on a Cisco Pix
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, 16 July, 2009, 7:52 AM
Hi, so I've started working with the
Pix and am trying to forward port 80 and 443 in from an
outside facing address to a 10.x space inside. I have
two basic interfaces (outside and inside) and am running Pix
6.3 for firmware.
I was thinking the following line would work but wasn't
sure if I formatted it correctly.
static (outside,inside) tcp general-internet-rtr-svc-nat 80
inside-ip-object 80 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
general-internet-rtr-svc-nat is an object group name that
contains a network-object-host with the outside static IP
defined.
Is this more or less correct? Should I invert the
address objects or are they in the proper order? Any
basic pointers or pointers to good examples would be
appreciated.
Thank you
Scott
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/