Gert Doering wrote:
Hi,
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 04:20:50PM -0500, Justin Shore wrote:
It has 5x the backplane to boot plus it's hardware forwarding. The only
real downside IMHO is that the unit uses SPAs which require SmartNets
per SPA (per license and per a lot of other things for that matter too).
Uh. Could you elaborate on that? Especially the "per-license and a lot
of other things" bit?
We have no ASR1k yet, but if something like the ES20 "extra license for
IPv6 *per ES20 card*" is going to come back, this would be a strong reason
to finally go to the Vendor J camp.
You can see the prices in the Dynamic Config Tool on cisco.com when you
build an ASR. I just built a 1002 in the DCT as an example. I added a
couple SPAs and licenses. On the summary page there are SmartNet line
items for:
ESP
Chassis
IOS SW Redundancy Right-to-Use License
Crypto Right-to-Use License
Each SPA
And the IOS itself
So for a $95k chassis @ list I have $5800 in SmartNets (8x5xNBD) @ list
per year.
Fire away...
Justin
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/