Phil Mayers wrote:

storm-control works just fine. But unfortunately for WS-X6704-10GE minimum
amount of 0.34% which is too much for the box to handle without starting to
flap BGP/LDP/IS-IS etc.

Well, these are 6748-SFP, which I see can go down much lower, though it talks about "100 meg" ports (on an -SFP linecard!)

Can the mls qos be used to rate-limit this on ingress? I doubt it; IIRC the ingress policing is limited to CoS only.

Hmm. I don't seem to be able to match on MAC address, but I can match on IP:

object-group ip address BROADCAST
 host-info 10.2.11.255
 host-info 10.2.15.255
 host-info 10.2.19.255
 ...
 host-info 255.255.255.255
ip access-list extended BROADCAST
 permit ip any addrgroup BROADCAST
class-map match-all BROADCAST
  match access-group name BROADCAST
policy-map EDGE
  class BROADCAST
   police 128k 4096 conform transmit exceed drop violate drop
int GiX/Y
  service-policy input EDGE

...which seems to work. I guess the problem there is, it does nothing to ensure that STP makes it down to / back from the edge switch.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to