Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish something with an IS-IS network, and I'm starting to think it may not be possible, but I'm hoping someone here might have a suggestion to help. Basically, what I'm trying to accomplish is to have two routers subtended off an aggregation router. So, say Router A has a link to Router B and Router C. I want Router A to advertise a default route to B and C (this I have done), and B and C should announce their routes to A (also done), but I do *not* want B to learn C's routes, nor C to learn B's. This is my sticking point. Currently my config is that A is L1/L2 and B and C are L1 only, but since they are all in the same area, they learn all of each other's routes. I could put B and C into different areas, and put A into both of those areas as well, but I need to have up to 15-20 L1 routers hung off of Router A, and all the docs say that you can only configure 3 NET addresses on a Cisco router, so this won't scale to what I need.
Basically I'm trying to replicate the concept of an OSPF totally-stubby-not-so-stubby-area in IS-IS, and I'm starting to question whether it can be done. My network design is fairly flexible at this point (the only requirements are that it run IS-IS and L1 routers don't learn each other's routes), so I'm open to any ideas or suggestions. Thanks for your time -Jared _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
