On Aug 5, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Jared Gillis wrote:
Basically I'm trying to replicate the concept of an OSPF
totally-stubby-not-so-stubby-area in IS-IS, and I'm starting to question whether it can be done. My network design is fairly flexible at this point (the only requirements are that it run IS-IS and L1 routers don't learn each other's
routes), so I'm open to any ideas or suggestions.

have a look at IS-IS mesh-groups. Although designed for a different purpose, it might work. Stick router A and all of its stub routers into the same L1 area. On router A, put all interfaces towards the stub routers in the same mesh-group.

PS. My preference would be to use BGP for the external routes and use IS-IS only to the distribute loopback IPs. Also makes filtering towards the stub routers a lot easier using route-maps etc. Depending on your gear/software/etc that might not be an option here though.

  --Daniel.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to