Hi,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 03:08:52PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> >My gut feeling is telling me it's okay; but I figure I'd ask the group J
> 
> "Online insertion and removal" or "online insertion and reload"?
> 
> Definitely the latter.  Unfortunately, OIR stability is a hardware problem 
> and cannot really be avoided on the c65k/c76k chassis, regardless of the 
> line card in question.
> 
> There's a little more information on:
> 
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalyst_6500#Online_Insertion_.26_Removal
> 
> Personally, I've never had any problems,  [..]

Personally, I think that this is all folklore from the 7500 times...

We *never* had any problems with OIR on 7200 or 6500/7600 platforms - but
lots of fun with CyBUS stalls and crashes on 7500...

gert

-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpC0Lw785Mtg.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to