Hey Guys,
 
I am hoping to use a combination of IP SLA and EEM to run a script when
a certain event occurs. For example we have a cellular router that
sometimes requires a reset. We have a backup link so I would like to
automate this reset process. What I would like to do is to monitor the
cellular device with IP SLA icmp probes and after a certain number of
failures run a script that can telnet to the device via the back door
and issue commands to reset.
 
I have done some digging but I am unable to see if EEM supports the
ability for a router to actually telnet to another device and issue
commands. I may have to use our network monitoring app to run the
script. Could Cacti do this?
 
Thanks for any suggestions.
 
Aaron.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information and is 
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the 
sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and 
delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you 
are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in 
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to