Greetings, Weird issue. I'm investigating utilizing Cisco's SNMP trap generation to trigger RANCID runs against specific routers. In my initial testing, I am able to get the routers to generate traps, but according to the documentation, it appears to be generating the traps at the wrong time.
The config trap is generated immediately after I issue "conf t" from the CLI, before I actually make any changes or exit configuration mode. According to the MIB browser, this is incorrect: (from http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.43.2.0.2) If the managed system supports a separate configuration mode(where the configuration commands are entered under a configuration session which affects the running configuration of the system), then this notification is sent when the configuration mode is exited. I have noticed this on 12.2(33) SXI1, and in a dynamips lab running 12.4(25a). Searches of the bug toolkit didn't turn up anything. Has anyone else gotten this to work as intended on any other version of IOS? My fallback will be to utilize syslogging, as it generates the log entries on exit instead of enter. -- Brandon Ewing ([email protected])
pgppFp99Z2rNn.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
