Hi Graham, I think a 2821 with enough memory would do the trick. Even new, the ones without the AIM module are fairly inexpensive.
-mtw -----Original Message----- From: Graham Wooden [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 5:08 PM To: Matthew White; cisco-nsp Subject: Re: [c-nsp] 2600XM usability? I appreciate the reply Matthew. Yikes, yeah - I don't think that'll work. Any suggestions for something on the used market that will suffice? Maybe I should look for a 3640 or something. Thanks! -graham On 10/19/09 6:32 PM, "Matthew White" <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Graham, > > Of course YMMV, however I just replaced a 2691XM that was doing DMVPN duties > running EIGRP (~350 routes). The unit was equiped with a cypto card and max > throughput was around 10Mbps. > > At peak traffic times the CPU would hit 65/70% and this is without running > QoS. So, from my perspective the 2621XM doesn't have enough juice to do what > you want it to do. > > Hope this helps, > > -mtw > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] > [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Graham Wooden > Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 3:25 PM > To: cisco-nsp > Subject: [c-nsp] 2600XM usability? > > Hi all, > > I have a new network connecting to me that I will be shoving down some > routes to them via a 5Mb metro-ethernet. They have a 2621XM. It will be > doing BGP, with maybe a route table of 86K routes (mine plus their other > provider, which I think is being delivered by a 2xT1 mlppp). I think it's > the 128D/32F model. Not sure of the IOS as of yet. > > Does anyone have any real-world usability with this platform? Will this box > hold up to 8Mb of traffic, with QoS/ACL and BGP with this number of routes? > > Thanks, > > -graham > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
