Yup! No 80g cards yet. I haven't been debriefed on the architecture but I'm assuming it is going to be 2 x 40g or 4 x 20g backplane lanes.

tv
----- Original Message ----- From: "Church, Charles" <[email protected]>
To: "Tony Varriale" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:14 AM
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] DWDM optics on 6500s


Thanks. I assume that even though the 6509-V-E is available, until the 80gig line cards and Sup are available, you'd be stuck at 40gig/slot?

Chuck


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tony Varriale
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 5:07 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DWDM optics on 6500s


It will shortly but it won't do you any good with the existing family of
sups.  The 2T will be the first (and last?) sup that can push the bandwidth
to all those slots.

You can also reference the 6509-V-E...it's ready for 80gbps/slot.  You can
order that today.  Note that it's a NEBS chassis.

tv
----- Original Message ----- From: "Church, Charles" <[email protected]>
To: "Kevin Graham" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DWDM optics on 6500s


Are you saying a 6513-E chassis exists?  I can't find any reference to it.
That would solve a few of the problems we currently have (density issue)

Chuck


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kevin Graham
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 11:45 AM
To: Nick Hilliard; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DWDM optics on 6500s


As a side issue, there are electrical limitations imposed by the physical

cross-bar unit inside the actual chassis, but I don't know how much of a
problem
these limitations are in practice.

6500E was the key for this. Besides nutty amounts of POE capacity, it also
picked up
improved backplane for >20g+ fabric and extending to all 11 LC slots in
the 6513.

(Still need to dig up details, as faster SSO time is also tied to chassis,
though
I can't recall why).
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to