> I am having trouble getting a policy-map with traffic shaping and a
> child QoS policy to apply to an ATM OC3 interface on 7206 router.
> Cisco TAC recommended IOS upgrade (as always) to 12.4(25b) but this
> did not help. The PVC on the subinterface will take the command, and
> if I do a 'do show run' I see it as applied, but a 'do show policy-map
> int' shows no output and as soon as I exit out of command mode the
> command does not show in running-config. I suspect that somehow this
> is not supported on PVC and not giving a clear error message, but it
> errors when tried to apply to subinterface or main interface.
> If so, does anyone know if there is another way to accomplish this? 

In respect of the "no error", have you tried "show log"?  I've had issues 
before with silent-fail QoS config that doesn't print anything to the terminal, 
but does log the reason in the background.

In terms of making it work, I believe you either want the nested policy applied 
to the sub-interface rather than the VC (and let the outer shaper provide the 
back-pressure), or apply just the inner policy to the VC (and let the vbr-nrt 
settings provide the back-pressure).

Regards,
Tim.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to