Hi all, I curious of what the actual difference is between SPA-2XGE & SPA-2X1GE-V2.
I'm aware this question has been asked before, but the answer was just a reference to the product spec sheets which doesn't really tell me what the difference between the two products are. What I can tell by reading the spec sheets is that the v2 has SFP AND RJ45 connectors, while v1 only has SFP. If I then look at the detailed list of "features and functions" and compare them I can see that the v2 card lists the following additional features: - 802.1ad QinQ termination - 8000 VLANs per SPA (instead of 4000 in v1) The things that the v1 card lists that aren't listed for v2 are: - EoMPLS - QoS - HSRP - VRRP Those four items are NOT listed for v2, but I'd be VERY surprised if they're not supported on the v2 card. Surely Cisco haven't removed EoMPLS or QoS support on v2 cards ! This leads me to the conclusion that the product reference pages are very general, mostly marketing orientated and not to be believed really. So now I wonder if the v1 really doesn't do 802.1ad or this has just been "left off" the list of features for the v1 card ? The two product reference pages I'm referring to are: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_data_sheet0900aecd80351ee0.html http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_data_sheet0900aecd804d884d.html So I ask the question of anyone who knows more on this topic, what is the real difference between v1 & v2 cards ? I would be putting them in a SIP-400 in a 7600 chassis. Thanks very much, Tony. __________________________________________________________________________________ Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more: http://au.overview.mail.yahoo.com/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
