Peter Rathlev wrote:
Hi,

I've discovered what seems to be a bug on C6k at least in SXI1. I
haven't been able to find anything about it in the bug toolkit. It might
be related to CSCsk65860 though.

If I configure a SVI in a VRF and add "ip verify source reachable-via
any" and afterwards enable "ip verify source reachable-via any
allow-default" the switch seems to drop a lot of traffic, something like
every 12th packet.

Do you have CoPP or MLS rate limiters? Is the traffic being CPU punted (use a SPAN session to find out) and this rate-limiting what's causing the drops?

If so, it could be a hardware/tcam programming error; we've seen a few of these in obscure cases on SXI, and I've not found a reliable way to clear them. Does a "shut" / "no shut" of the SVI fix the problem? Or the various "clear" commands (e.g. "clear cef" etc.)


If I remove the "ip verify"-command and then add the version with
"allow-default" directly, I have no problems. Without uRPF there's no
problem either. Only when first entering the command without
"allow-default" and then adding "allow-default" does the problem appear.

We haven't seen that, but have seen other issues where (apparently) CEF entries are programmed incorrectly resulting in traffic being CPU punted and having to pass through CoPP, and thus being very lossy.

See e.g.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/112984
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to