Hi Phil, Thanks for the input.
On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 13:23 +0000, Phil Mayers wrote: > Do you have CoPP or MLS rate limiters? Is the traffic being CPU punted > (use a SPAN session to find out) and this rate-limiting what's causing > the drops? No CoPP or rate-limiters configured, only defaults. Is there any way to see counters for the rate-limiters? The "show > If so, it could be a hardware/tcam programming error; we've seen a few > of these in obscure cases on SXI, and I've not found a reliable way to > clear them. Does a "shut" / "no shut" of the SVI fix the problem? Or > the various "clear" commands (e.g. "clear cef" etc.) Well, I tried shutting/unshutting the SVI, and now I can't seem to recreate the problem. :-( > > If I remove the "ip verify"-command and then add the version with > > "allow-default" directly, I have no problems. Without uRPF there's > > no problem either. Only when first entering the command without > > "allow-default" and then adding "allow-default" does the problem > > appear. > > We haven't seen that, but have seen other issues where (apparently) > CEF entries are programmed incorrectly resulting in traffic being CPU > punted and having to pass through CoPP, and thus being very lossy. I would really like to have looked more into this, but with the problem gone, I'm stuck: If it would happen again, is there any way to check what the rate-limiters/CoPP drops via some counters? -- Regards, Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
