Indeed, that's what I need but I got some issues with that setup :

1° event manager isn't available on the switches where I'm trying to do
that, 
so I guess that I need to upgrade the IOS, don't want to do that for
hundreds of switches
(also I guess that a lot of switches just won't have a large enough
flash memory to store
that kind of big IOS with lots of functionalities).

2° the given pattern doesn't log the user id, I need that (I guess it's
feasible to add it).
3° Obi-Wan Kenobi

Am I damned ?

Le lundi 07 décembre 2009 à 11:00 +0000, Mackinnon, Ian a écrit :
> Ah OK I understand you now.
> 
>  
> 
> Try
> 
> http://blog.ioshints.info/2006/11/cli-command-logging-without-tacacs.html
> 
>  
> 
> Not used it myself.
> 
>  
> 
> Ian
> 
>  
> 
> 
> From: Henry-Nicolas Tourneur [mailto:[email protected]] 
> Sent: 07 December 2009 10:46
> To: Mackinnon, Ian
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Cisco logging commands
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> With that command, I only log commands used in configure mode (or
> that's why I got as a result, using the same config as you typed
> below), 
> I also would like to log command used in enable mode.
> 
> Any idea ?
> 
> Le lundi 07 décembre 2009 à 10:31 +0000, Mackinnon, Ian a écrit : 
> 
> 
>  
> Archive commands?
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t4/feature/guide/gtconlog.
> html
>  
>  
> SUMMARY STEPS
>  
> 1. enable
>  
> 2. configure terminal
>  
> 3. archive
>  
> 4. log config
>  
> 5. logging enable
>  
> 6. logging size entries
>  
> 7. hidekeys
>  
> 8. notify syslog
>  
> 9. end
>  
> Needs an IOS that supports it.
>  
> Ian
>  
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [email protected] [mailto:cisco-nsp-
> > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Henry-Nicolas Tourneur
> > Sent: 07 December 2009 09:44
> > To: [email protected]
> > Subject: [c-nsp] Cisco logging commands
> > 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > We are currently changing our servers and we are going to get rid of
> > our
> > old Tacacs+ server. The new AAA server is based on Radius
> > (freeradius/debian).
> > 
> > The problem is that IOS can't log commands (enable and configure) into
> > Radius.
> > I found that functionality to work around that problem :
> > 
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/rele
> > ase/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swlog.html
> > 
> > But the problem is that it's only logging configure commands to
> syslog,
> > not enable, that's not enough for me.
> > 
> > So the question is : any idea about how to get IOS to log enable
> > commands into syslog ? or how to use Radius accounting for commands ?
> > What are the possibilities without Tacacs+ ?
> > 
> > TIA.
> > 
> > --
> > Henry-Nicolas Tourneur
> > 
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>  
>  
> _______________________________________________________
>  
> Atos Origin and Atos Consulting are trading names used by the Atos Origin 
> group.  The following trading entities are registered in England and Wales:  
> Atos Origin IT Services UK Limited (registered number 01245534) and Atos 
> Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380).  The registered office for 
> each is at 4 Triton Square, Regents Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No. for 
> each is: GB232327983
>  
> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely 
> for the addressee, and may contain confidential or privileged information.  
> If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorised to copy, 
> disclose, use or retain it.  Please notify the sender immediately and delete 
> this email from your systems.   As emails may be intercepted, amended or 
> lost, they are not secure.  Atos Origin therefore can accept no liability for 
> any errors or their content.  Although Atos Origin endeavours to maintain a 
> virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free 
> and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus 
> transmitted.   The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who 
> communicates with Atos Origin by email. 
> _______________________________________________________
>  
>  
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to