No, I haven't as I couldn't figure out how to get that delay to work.

Let me put this up in the lab and see what happens.

Thanks!

tv
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clyde Wildes" <[email protected]>
To: "'Tony Varriale'" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:31 PM
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] EEM BGP


Tony,

Have you considered using EEM multiple event support:

event manager applet t1
description Test applet to demonstrate event correlation
event tag e1 syslog pattern "syslog msg 1 pattern"
event tag e2 syslog pattern "syslog msg 2 pattern"
trigger delay 10.0
 correlate event e1 or event e2
action 001 syslog msg "applet t1 triggered 10 seconds after either of
syslog message 1 or 2 occur"
!

Thanks,

Clyde Wildes
Progrizon, Inc.
www.progrizon.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tony Varriale
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:11 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] EEM BGP

I've been having some issues with BGP peers dropping/flapping and tried to
come up with a little EEM applet that would not only down a peer based on
syslog entries but bring it back up.

The bringing down part is easy and tested to work great.  But I'm having a
hard time with the bringing up part.

Essentially I want to say, after x minutes, no shut the peer if you see the
shut/BGP peer down/another arbitary message in the syslog.

Any ideas?  EEM 2.2 and/or 3.0 are fine.  Thanks!

tv
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to