What code are you on?

These types of items have been going on for a while in various iterations of code. There's been so many it's hard for me to keep them straight LOL!

But, if you post your code I'll try and look up my notes. In the end, you'll have to call TAC and they will tell you to upgrade to xyz.

Try to get a bugid and make sure the recommended upgrade fixes your problem. I've had a couple logging issues that had no id and TAC just said upgrade.

As a side note, have you had the issue of traffic blowing by an ACE? :)

tv
----- Original Message ----- From: "Holemans Wim" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:44 AM
Subject: [c-nsp] FWSM logging problem


It seems our FWSM doesn't log all denied ACLs. I blocked an IP address
on our FWSM and wanted to see whomever on campus is trying to access
this address (Botnet C&C).

I added the following line in the ACL (even raised priority), you can
see that the rules triggers when I tried to telnet the address :

access-list Internet-out line 24 extended deny ip any host X1.X2.X3.X4
log critical interval 30 (hitcnt=9) 0x6e051e8c



There is however no corresponding syslog message on our syslog server or
in the buffered logs on the FWSM.

These are our logging settings  : already raised queue size, some
messages moved to another log level so they don't get send to our syslog
server. ACL log messages are normally of ID 106100 level debugging, I
can find several of them on the syslog server but not for the specifiec
ACE.





logging enable

logging timestamp

logging emblem

logging console debugging

logging monitor debugging

logging buffered debugging

logging trap informational

logging asdm informational

logging queue 1024

logging host DA-rt x.x.x.x

logging message 305010 level debugging

logging message 305009 level debugging

logging message 302015 level debugging

logging message 302014 level debugging

logging message 302013 level debugging

logging message 302016 level debugging

logging message 302021 level debugging



Anyone has a clue on how to get all syslog messages for the ACE's that
have a log part ?





Wim Holemans

Netwerkdienst Universiteit Antwerpen



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to