So far I like the idea of modifying the AD for ospf external routes under the ospf config, or under the ospf config modify the AD for routes learned only from the CE BGP->OSPF redistribution point router, with an ACL matching specific (or all) routes. That would probably give us quite a bit of control. I recall having mixed experiences with a similar config related to BGP->EIGRP redistribution though, I'll definitely need to lab it up because it seems the metrics are calculated a bit differently based on what type of OSPF route it becomes. I need to brush up on my OSPF.
For example: At the bgp->ospf redist border router... router ospf 1 redistribute bgp <provider private ASN> blah distance ospf external 19 Or... access-list 100 permit <whatever prefixes we want to prefer> router ospf 1 redistribute bgp <provider private ASN> blah distance 19 <CE router ip> 0.0.0.0 100 Thanks to all for your suggestions! _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
