One other thing-

In my position at Cisco I have been involved in many Cisco UCS deals, and in 
all of these engagements I have yet to see where the Network team needs to 
convince the Server team to buy Cisco UCS.
In every deal I have been involved in it has been the Server team deciding to 
move forward with UCS purely on its merits as a Data Center virtualization 
platform.  Rather, its usually the Network team that comes in towards the end 
and gives their stamp of approval with respect to how the system interconnects 
to the Data Center core.

In other words, if your Cisco account team is putting the pressure on you (the 
Network team) to convince the Server team to buy UCS, I can tell you from 
experience they are going about it all wrong :) 

Cheers,
Brad

--
Brad Hedlund, CCIE #5530
Consulting Systems Engineer, Data Center
[email protected]
http://www.internetworkexpert.org




On Jan 14, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Eric Cables wrote:

> Our local sales team has really been bombarding us with material on Cisco's
> UCS (Unified Compute System) as of late, and I was wondering who on this
> list has begun deployment of UCS.  If you have decided to deploy, how has
> your experience been?  Also, I'd like to hear how you were able to convince
> your server folks to switch from <HP/Dell/IBM/etc.>, to a Cisco based
> hardware platform.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> -- Eric Cables
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to