>
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:30:32 -0800
> From: Hector Herrera <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [c-nsp] Router recommendation for load balancing setup
> Message-ID:
>        <[email protected]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a router that can:
>
> - handle load-balancing on two 100Mbps links with minimal cpu impact
> - must have at least 4 ports, at least 2 of which should be GigE and
> the other two must support FE or GigE
> - BGP with 25,000 routes
>
> My budget is small (under $2,000) so I'm probably looking for EOL/EOS
> products.
>
> I'm currently using a 3550-12t for the task, with the only drawback
> that the cpu hits 99% load with a 5000 packets per sec./40Mbps
> combined throughput on the load-balanced links.  The two 100Mbps
> uplinks never reach more than 50% utilization because the router can't
> handle the load.
>
> I would like to be able to handle up to 80% utilization on the 100Mbps
> links.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions,
>
> Hector
>
>
> 7206 w/ np400 ?

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf


Platform            Process Switching         Fast/CEF Switching       EOS?
                            PPS    Mbps                PPS     Mbps
7500-RSP8           22,000 11.264              470,000 240.64
15-Dec-07
7500-RSP16         29,000 14.848              530,000 271.36
 15-Dec-07
7200-NPE300       20,000 10.24               353,000 180.74
 31-Dec-01
7200-NPE400       20,000 10.24               420,000 215.04
No

I might have one or two 7206s ( if I can add that ) for a fair price.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to