On Jan 19, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Cyrill Malevanov wrote: > If you reduce the number of BGP routes to 12000 your 3550-12T will handle two > GigE uplinks with no CPU impact. Just use the correct SDM template.
Seconded. I use 3550s in my network. 24k is the maximum unicast route table limit that Cisco publishes, this is why your router is falling over. If possible aggregate the routes. > > On Jan 19, 2010, at 10:30 PM, Hector Herrera wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> I'm looking for a router that can: >> >> - handle load-balancing on two 100Mbps links with minimal cpu impact >> - must have at least 4 ports, at least 2 of which should be GigE and >> the other two must support FE or GigE >> - BGP with 25,000 routes >> >> My budget is small (under $2,000) so I'm probably looking for EOL/EOS >> products. >> >> I'm currently using a 3550-12t for the task, with the only drawback >> that the cpu hits 99% load with a 5000 packets per sec./40Mbps >> combined throughput on the load-balanced links. The two 100Mbps >> uplinks never reach more than 50% utilization because the router can't >> handle the load. >> >> I would like to be able to handle up to 80% utilization on the 100Mbps links. >> >> Thank you for your suggestions, >> >> Hector >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
