Also, we've been looking more towards the Cisco's because the Juniper EX series seem to require a "feature license" for even basic BGP on the 2200/3200 series. Our BGP needs are quite modest (just announcing customer subnets back into the network), and this priced them out of the budget..

Tony Varriale wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "TCIS List Acct" <lista...@tulsaconnect.com>
To: <sth...@nethelp.no>
Cc: <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>; <jle...@lewis.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] what is it with 3550s?

We currently aren't doing any QoS, and a limited amount of policing. Besides the C3750G, are there any other switches worth a look? We're a mixed Juniper/Cisco shop, so I've been looking at the EX3200 line as well. We need something that will do OSPF and limited BGP (just to announce customer subnets back in to the network).

If you aren't going to use Stackwise look at the 3560s. In the J lineup, the EX4200s should suit you well.

tv