On 2/28/10 1:36 AM, Dale Shaw wrote:
Hi Rodney,

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Rodney Dunn<[email protected]>  wrote:

Should we increase the input queue size to 150,200,250, etc ? Could these
flushed/drops be the cause of the poor VoIP performance?

Yeah..set it to the max of 4096.

This is a platform-specific recommendation or a "just do it
everywhere" type thing?

Different people have different opinions. In my network I'd do it everywhere because if I'm having input queue drops I've got a bigger problem (lack of CoPP to protect the control plane traffic, etc..).





Could you elaborate a bit? Always good to squeeze out a bit more
performance or reliability.

Are there any trade-offs? Just on input or output as well?


It's an input only function.

We did it orginally as a way to try and be more intelligent about when you have input queue congestion prioritize control plane traffic over other non critical data. That was before we had COPP to limit the non critical data centrally.

Go with COPP and disable SPD is my 2c.

Rodney



cheers,
Dale
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to