We had a solution involving NAT on some 6500s - it didn't take long for them to run out of memory & reboot. Cisco eventually said there was a limitation of ~57K NAT translations on the PFC3B. We added a ip nat translation max-entries 50000 to the configs and asked our security office to pretty please NOT do any more Nessus scans <there>. That fixed the rebooting issue, but I think we're back to not doing NAT on any 6500s now.
Regards, Lee On 3/19/10, Jeff Bacon <[email protected]> wrote: > I'm looking for something that can: > > (1) handle about 100mbit (microbursting to gig) of mcast, taking it in > interface A and pushing it out interfaces B and C, and maybe D > (2) sustain 500-800mbit of throughput (assume 100-byte packets, > occasional gig burst) coming in interface B and going out C, just > straight routing > (3) NAT a few TCP streams coming in interface C and going out interface > A, none of which are anything big-shakes (meg or two of throughput) > > This is going to be the backup box; the primary is going to be a > cat6500/sup720. I'm trying to avoid buying a second cat6500. > > I'm guessing this is beyond what an NPE-G1 can handle. How about a G2? > > If I have to buy an ASR, I'll just buy the 6500; I have a pile of 6500s > and no ASRs. > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
