copy & paste puts data into the running-configuration, and that is a 'merge'. If you start with a blank config on the PIX (from clear config all), then pasting in your old config should yield your old conf (other than the fact that interfaces will be shutdown).
The other option is to take the config file and TFTP it to the startup-config. That will perform a 'replace' of the config. Then reboot the box. Sincerely, David. Fancher, William wrote: > I have an old Pix which I need to configure with a previously saved txt > file from an identical machine. I must use HyperTerminal. I tried to > use the copy paste aspects of the HyperTerminal but the configuration > seems to append rather than overwriting. Can someone help me out who > knows what action I took or did not take to make this work > > Thanks > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
