Thanks Andriy,

                I'll take a look as 12.2.53.  In my experience with the 6500s, 
the 'source-interface' commands didn't seem to help with reaching VRF-connected 
hosts, but I'll re-try it.  The 4500s were my big hurdle, so maybe it'll work 
ok.  SCP is the only protocol we can really use, for security reasons.

Chuck

From: Andriy Bilous [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 3:42 AM
To: Church, Charles
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Device management in VRFs

cisco seems to know about -vrf option in outgoing ssh connections on 4500.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/53SG/configuration/vrf.html#wp1082522

As for copy you have to specify ip tftp/ftp source-interface to choose proper 
vrf (dunno if ip ssh source-interface will work for scp)
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:06 AM, Church, Charles 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Anyone,

               I'm wondering if there are any open feature requests or bugs for 
cleaning up the remaining things that don't seem to work in VRFs.  I've 
resorted to the idea of using the global table for management on 6500s and 
other devices for various things that don't like VRFs.  But now I run into the 
newer 4500 sups that have the dedicated 10/100 management port.  These ports 
are locked into a VRF called mgmtVrf.  Can't change it.  Find out there are 
some important things that aren't possible using a VRF, such as SSH client 
(can't connect to a host in a VRF) or pretty much any file copy operation 
initiated from the switch.  It'd be nice to use those ports since they're 
usable from ROMMON for remote recovery (we've got term servers attached), but 
this file copy feature is pretty important.  Any idea?

Thanks,

Chuck

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to