Hi All,

I use a C4948 switch with cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-53.SG1 IOS.

I try to use the MGMT ethernet port. The config is:

 interface FastEthernet1
  ip vrf forwarding mgmtVrf
  ip address 192.168.2.10 255.255.255.0
  speed auto
  duplex auto

If I telnet to the switch from 192.168.2.1 via the MGMT port without access-group filter on the VTY, the telnet is working.

 # telnet 192.168.2.10
 Trying 192.168.2.10...
 Connected to 192.168.2.10.
 Escape character is '^]'.

 User Access Verification

 Username:


But if i put a filter to the VTY (now i try a simple "access-list 10 permit any" ) the telnet doesn't work thru the MGMT port.

VTY config:

 line vty 0 4
  access-class 10 in
  exec-timeout 0 0
  login local

Telnet output:

 # telnet 192.168.2.10
 Trying 192.168.2.10...
 telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

I tried standard and extended ACL too.
If I logging an extended ACL (permit ip any any log) output i see it:

*May 20 08:08:15 MET-DST: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list 100 permitted tcp 192.168.2.1(47611) -> 0.0.0.0(23), 1 packet

But the connection is refused.

Do anybody have any idea, why doesn't work the telnet thru the MGMT if i use ACL on the VTY lines? May be SW bug?

Thanks!

Laszlo

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to