LX4 is not supported on the 6500s. Show int trans supported-list ... X2 LX4 NONE ...
Mack McBride Network Architect Viawest, Inc. -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Cisco NSP Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 2:21 PM To: cisco-nsp Subject: [c-nsp] 10GBase-LX4 and OM2 fibre -- MCP? Hi all, I'm not very fibre-savvy, so if anybody could help me, I'd very much appreciate it! I have two Cisco 6500s about 250 meters apart in two separate buildings. Between those two buildings I have OM2 grade fibre. and both Cisco have an 10GBase-LX4 X2 interface. When I measure the fibre end-to-end it has about 1,9dB attenuation in the 1300nm spectrum but when I connect the fibre to the interface, I don't get link-up. A little troubleshooting pointed me to mode conditioning patches (a piece of SM and MM welded together) but I find it very hard to believe that this patch will solve my problem. Before I invest 800$ for 2 patch-fibers, Is this the way I should go, or am I overlooking anything? Thanks in advance, Dirk-Jan van Helmond _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
