You haven't mentioned current and anticipated PPS requirement. If it's really just one DS3 then a 7200VXR with NPE-G2 should be fine, otherwise if your needs were 100+ Mbps and growing, the ASR1K, I'm told, is a good box.
We use 12.2(31)SB18 -- the latest in that series, but only because of a resource bug that TAC said *may* be resolved in the latest release. Came across as "just try". ;) I haven't implemented any MLPPP myself, but as your research in the archives has shown, it's not all roses. I'm guessing ADSL2+ pair bonding or VDSL2 aren't options? Frank -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Andy Dills Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:03 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Migrating to a 7200 for DSL aggregation For the last decade, we've been using a Redback SMS 500 to terminate our DSL customers, delivered via ATM DS3. Recently, however, a few customers (as well as the partners of the company) have expressed a desire to bond 2 DSL circuits. Unfortunately, we've discovered that the customers who have Comtrend modems cannot negotiate LCP with the Redback when ppp multilink is enabled...after working through this with Comtrend, they demonstrated that the Redback is violating RFC 1990, and because of this and the fact that the Comtrend modem didn't support MP, it was unable to negotiate LCP. At the same time, we're starting to get a little nervous about relying on Redback as a platform, given that all the equipment we currently use is EOL and Redback has long since been acquired. We have spares, but clearly it's a deadend. So, we're investigating migrating to a 7200(VXR) platform for DSL aggregation. I was curious about a couple of things: 1) Given that Verizon delivers all of the DSL connections on a region-based series of UBR PVCs, what is the best way to bond two DSL circuits, given that they would not be on private PVCs? Is MLPPP possible in that configuration? Or would I need to do CEF per-packet? Given the archives on this list, I'm leaning toward per-packet CEF via radius assigned routes. I know we won't get ideal performance, but it should be an improvement over a single DSL connection nonetheless. 2) What IOS do people suggest for ATM DSL aggregation...the router won't be doing anything else other than OSPF. Thanks, Andy --- Andy Dills Xecunet, Inc. www.xecu.net 301-682-9972 --- _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
