On 2010-08-26, at 7:34 AM, David Freedman wrote:

> 
>> So - *if* you do topology hiding, taking away network diagnosis 
>> capabilities from those of your customers that know how to read "mtr"
>> output - *then* make sure that your own network monitoring is really
>> up to speed, and that you notice if links are overloaded, have packet
>> loss, etc. etc.
> 
> This is exactly my point re selective TTL propagation, could hide hops
> from customers but not the NMS / support staff.

What am I missing?  After you folks gave me the pointer on no mpls ip 
propagate-ttl forwarded, I quickly discovered that tracing from the PE still 
provides visibility for NMS / support staff.  Are you saying that if your NMS / 
support staff also manage the CE?  If so, then yes - I take it back.

> Dave.
> 
>> 
>> I don't really want to start a heated debate on whether topology hiding
>> is good or bad - but it comes with some consequences :-)
>> 
>> gert
>> 
>> 
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
>> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> 
> David Freedman
> Group Network Engineering
> Claranet Group
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to