Hi, On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 07:52:37AM -0400, Jason Lixfeld wrote: > What am I missing? After you folks gave me the pointer on no > mpls ip propagate-ttl forwarded, I quickly discovered that tracing > from the PE still provides visibility for NMS / support staff. > Are you saying that if your NMS / support staff also manage the > CE? If so, then yes - I take it back.
I'm the customer (and we're an ISP, so we know how to read traceroute/mtr).
Our uplink ISP is using TTL hiding, *and* they can't get their act together
to diagnose and fix their network problems without our help. Which we
can't give them, due to TTL hiding...
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [email protected]
pgpdMjmBYWMyT.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
