We complained to cisco about this as well, but they seemingly are unaware and uncaring of this impact to customers as it magically showed up "in a code sync". This is obnoxious if you have an automated process (eg: rancid) login hourly to send you diffs from the device.
- Jared On Aug 26, 2010, at 3:43 PM, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote: > I wonder whose developer bright idea was to enable the printing of these > messages, without (at least) giving the option to have them disabled. > I couldn't even find a name for this "new" feature. > > -- > Tassos > > Marcus.Gerdon wrote on 25/08/2010 10:11: >> Hello @all, >> >> I hope I've just a problem I'm not getting rid of by simply not having >> found the according doc or command/option yet. >> >> IOS 12.2.(33)SRE1 running on 7200 and 7600 is creating a log entry each >> time a config session is closed: >> >> >>>> Aug 24 10:03:46.988 CEST: %SYS-6-EXIT_CONFIG: User xxxx has exited >>>> >> tty session 1(a.b.c.d) >> >> and I'd like to get rid of those messages without changing the log level >> (this one's filling up the log due to regular script connects). >> >> Does anybody know if there's some command switch to get this messages >> disabled? 12.2SB and 12.2SX didn't create that lines. >> >> >> thanks in advance, >> >> Marcus >> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp >> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ >> >> > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
