On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 13:30 -0600, Nick Voth wrote: > Gig E connections (fiber and copper) to 2 separate upstream networks > 1 or 2 Gig E connections back to our LAN [...] > I'm most familiar with the 7206 VXR series, but that seems like over > kill for this solution.
I wouldn't call a 7206VXR "overkill" for a couple of GE connections, at least not if you expect to exercise these. I you don't need line rate and have a NPE-G1 og G2 at hand it might fit the bill though. Placing one of the at the end of a GE pipe from an upstream might not be a good idea if you don't like being DoS'ed. :-) > Anyone have any general recommendations or guidance you'd be willing > to share? You can probably expect a torrent of people recommending the ASR1k. I have no experience with it, so I'll keep quiet. A Sup720 (6500/7600) with -XL PFCs/DFCs could do the job, but >that< might be overkill. -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
