I'd look at the ISR2 series if you want a good price/performance balance. According to Cisco the 3925E (that's the one with the newer SPE-200) can easily push a couple of hundred megabits and comes with four gig Ethernet ports as standard and 1 GB of memory (which you can upgrade to 2 GB)
Aled On 30 August 2010 20:30, Nick Voth <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello folks, > > I need to spec out a new gateway router that will support the following: > > Gig E connections (fiber and copper) to 2 separate upstream networks > 1 or 2 Gig E connections back to our LAN > eBGP, (probably a full BGP table for multi-homing capability) > > I know the BGP takes a lot of memory, but I'm new to having to manage a > full > BGP routing table. > > Beyond that, our needs for this piece of hardware are pretty simple. It > doesn't need a lot of expansion capability, but does need to be hearty > enough to handle the GigE, BGP, limted QoS and ACL configs. > > I'm most familiar with the 7206 VXR series, but that seems like over kill > for this solution. Anyone have any general recommendations or guidance > you'd > be willing to share? > > Thanks, > > -Nick Voth > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
