sflog is used for 'Usage Based Billing' according to 
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/cable/cmts/feature/ubrsamis.html so it is 
actually writing to that file which is what RANCID is picking up on, without 
disabling UBB I can see no way other than changing the RANCID conf for this 
host to ignore any line containing !Flash and sflog

I may be wrong though as I don't have any experience with the 10k CMTS


On 4 Nov 2010, at 14:27, Brian Raaen wrote:

> I am having a problem with a 10K CMTS that is updating the timestamp on a 
> file constantly, which is causing rancid to note a change every hour.  I 
> would prefer to make changes to the 10K rather than the RANCID scripts, since 
> another group in our company maintains that aspect of RANCID.  I have 
> attached an example of the changes below.
> 
> - !Flash: disk0:     1  -rw-           0   Nov 4 2010 06:11:16 -07:00  sflog
> + !Flash: disk0:     1  -rw-           0   Nov 4 2010 07:04:10 -07:00  sflog
> 
> ---
> Brian Raaen
> Network Architech
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to