I believe the commands are there because it's supported on some
hardware. I don't even think MPLS will work at all on the Sup720 Base,
not even in software.

Here is a Cisco Support Forums post that talks about this a bit as well.
https://cisco-support.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/250395


On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Pete Templin <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 12/12/10 11:19 AM, Pete Lumbis wrote:
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that MPLS is only supported on the 3B or higher
>> without a OSM or FlexWAN card.
>
> I understood that (meaning, "supported") going into the project. However,
> the command in question exists to enable MPLS support on said older
> hardware.  This suggests that, although suboptimal or perhaps strictly in
> software, the PFC3A can do MPLS and could tide this customer over until
> they're ready/able to do a forklift upgrade (which I'd guess is either three
> years from now, given the cyclic limits from their main funding source, or
> only if MPLS can solve an otherwise unsolvable problem).
>
> pt
>
>

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to