I"m not sure you have a choice. If there are redundant links in the design then spanning tree is the only way to prevent loops (unless you're running TRILL or something like that). If you don't have any redundant links then spanning tree can't cause much damage, although I would still leave it enabled.
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Jay Nakamura <[email protected]> wrote: > Is there any good reason to turn on STP on a switch port to a > customer? It seems like it could cause more trouble than preventing a > loop. What's your common practice? What if you hand off two > connection for redundancy? > > I am in the middle of converting to MSTP from a network that didn't > really have any STP design or goals. > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
