we saw similar behavior for some of the early batches of the fwsm back in 04/05; i'd suggest rma these back to cisco; unofficial word was that there may have been bad capacitor issues.

--
Regards,
Ge Moua
Network Design Engineer

University of Minnesota | OIT - NTS
--


On 1/26/11 1:06 AM, Andrew Harris wrote:
Hi,

I have an issue in which when a new FWSM is inserted into one of our
6500s the internal Port-channel is immediately put into the admin down
status.

It is a 6509-E chassis running 12.2(18)SXF4 and the FWSM is running
3.1(3) in slot 3.

We have two other FWSM in slot 4 and 6 respectively, running fine.

We have other 6500s running SXF4 with a FWSM in slot 3 so I don't
think it is a placement issue.

Even if I boot into the maintenance partition it still immediately
shuts down the etherchannel.

I am sure I am missing something really basic, but any pointers would
be appreciated!

Thanks

Andy
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to