On 03/02/2011 09:08 AM, jack daniels wrote:
Dear Experts,

If we want to configure gateway for 1000 Vlans on Cisco 7600 (HSRP
will be a issue as it supports only 256 HSRP groups) . Any soltion for
the same -

Simply use the same group on each SVI - that is:

interface Vlan10
  standby 0 ...
interface Vlan11
  standby 0

You can definitely have >256 SVIs with HSRP enabled in this way; we have routers with nearly 300.


I have though of two solutions but don't know whether they will scale
or workout , please help me in suggesting -

Solution 1 -  ( I heard there is something called " Follow up") can
you guide me any solution document for this.

HSRP follow group is nearly useless on 7600/6500. It only works on sub-ints, and these platforms are mostly SVI-based



Solution 2    Another solution for the same I think is if - There are
incoming 4 vlans (Vlan1 , Vlan 2 , Vlan 3, Vlan 4 -IP address subnet
same on all four vlans ) and if I Translate on Layer 2 medium these
four  vlans to Vlan 5 and configure IP address ( Gateway IP address on
which HSRP will run ) on this VLAN 5 .Is this thing possible on Layer
2 medium - if I use VLAN translation or use fundamentals of imposing S
tag. Please suggest how this will work.

I have no idea what you're asking here, but I would avoid it!
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to