Hi Champs, Please help me with this :)
Regards On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM, jack daniels <[email protected]> wrote: > Dear Experts, > > If we want to configure gateway for 1000 Vlans on Cisco 7600 (HSRP > will be a issue as it supports only 256 HSRP groups) . Any soltion for > the same - > > I have though of two solutions but don't know whether they will scale > or workout , please help me in suggesting - > > Solution 1 - ( I heard there is something called " Follow up") can > you guide me any solution document for this. > > > Solution 2 Another solution for the same I think is if - There are > incoming 4 vlans (Vlan1 , Vlan 2 , Vlan 3, Vlan 4 -IP address subnet > same on all four vlans ) and if I Translate on Layer 2 medium these > four vlans to Vlan 5 and configure IP address ( Gateway IP address on > which HSRP will run ) on this VLAN 5 .Is this thing possible on Layer > 2 medium - if I use VLAN translation or use fundamentals of imposing S > tag. Please suggest how this will work. > > Thanks and Regards > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
